:: Re: [DNG] Preferred automounter beh…
Author: Stephanie Daugherty
To: Arnt Karlsen
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Preferred automounter behavior?
FHS 2.3 apparently. They appear to serve mostly the same purpose, but /mnt
is specified as "temporarily mounted filesystems" while /media is specified
as just "removable media".

Regardless, since the implementation of /media, automounters have tended to
mount stuff there, while things manually mounted have tended to be mounted
in /mnt, presumably avoiding conflict between what the administrator wants
to do and what the automounter wants to do - which is a good precedent to
follow IMHO.