:: Re: [DNG] nmap in Debian Wheezy
Author: Simon Wise
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] nmap in Debian Wheezy
On 23/12/15 02:19, Emiliano Marini wrote:
> Wow thanks man!
>
> # apt-get install --no-install-recommends nmap

That can be set in apt's config files, in /etc/apt. It really helps maintaining
a system .. you can look at the recommends listed and install the ones you want.

I've kept my old sidux/aptosid setup ... this from /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/

// apt defaults for aptosid
// apt 0.7 introduces automatic behaviour unsuitable for sid, revert this

// auto-remove breaks on meta packages
APT::Get::AutomaticRemove "0";
APT::Get::HideAutoRemove "1";

// Recommends are as of now still abused in many packages
APT::Install-Recommends "0";
APT::Install-Suggests "0";
Debug::pkgAutoRemove "0";

// PDiffs reduce the required download for apt-get update, but increase the
// CPU requirements and quite often fail.
// Acquire::PDiffs "0";

documentation seems lacking, but example files are a great fallback as long as
programs use plain-text ones.

Simon