:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community

dear Mitt,

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015, Mitt Green wrote:

> Rowland Penny <rpenny241155@???> wrote:
>
> >I am beginning to think this may be aimed squarely at me, if so, then
> >come out and say so. I think Mitt may have taken exception to the
> >word 'moron' [...]
>
> It was addressed to everyone here. You have taken a few chances here
> trying to insult John Hughes, John being accused as troll, didn't
> insult anyone (at least from what I've read) but used profanity as
> well. I say it again, we shouldn't accuse someone being a troll,
> insult them and tell them to go away, answering questions instead
> (well, till a reasonable level)

I can well relate to your description of netiquette and reference to
the good context that BSD projects often creates for professionals.

Yet please consider you have not been through all what has been going on
here from the beginning - and also consider our time and patience is
very limited and we need to optimize everyone's attention and effort to
get Devuan done. As I wrote already, we are a minority fighting an
asymmetric war by now to keep existing and computing the way we want.

My conclusion after one year of keeping this community together is that
we cannot provide an open space to debate the choice to be in or out of
systemd. That is already provided in many avenues (which are also
heavily curbing any criticism, no matter how educated and documented).

Our project is developing an alternative, not providing space for debate

Please let us know if you ever find out spaces where unbiased debate on
systemd can take place, some people here and among them myself may be
able to contribute then.

ciao