:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Página Inicial
Autor: Rowland Penny
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
On 21/12/15 14:30, Mitt Green wrote:
> I've been talking a lot about courtesy in the community.
> It is certainly the biggest thing Debian lacks (and
> some mates from outside lack it as well, check my post here:
> http://www.linux.org/threads/random-thoughts-on-linux-and-open-source-movement.7452/)
>
> I must admit that I *hate* when people use gutter language and insults
> in a public mailing list.
>
> Being a NetBSD user for a couple of months I couldn't help but compared:
> pretty much all emails there comply with "netiquette".
>
> To John Hughes to end the flamewar completely: people here are going to
> remove *any* of remaining systemd dependencies, including libsystemd0.
> We don't need systemd. At all. Either it is bad for you or not, you decide.
>
> If some of ye don't want to answer, to "feed the troll" or want to spill
> a bunch of dirty words, please don't answer. Insults won't help the project
> succeed.
>
> Please respect each other and stay professional.
>
> Mitt

I am beginning to think this may be aimed squarely at me, if so, then
come out and say so. I think Mitt may have taken exception to the word
'moron', gasp, I said it again. Only problem is Mitt, where I come from,
it means a stupid or foolish person and can anybody argue that John
Hughes isn't either of those?

People may say that I shouldn't answer his posts, but that would mean,
if somebody reads the thread, that what he is saying is true, but it isn't.

If this wasn't aimed at me, then sorry for the noise.

Rowland