:: Re: [DNG] Local netman sources full…
Página Principal
Autor: Edward Bartolo
Para: KatolaZ
CC: dng, aitor_czr
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Local netman sources fully restored.
Hi All,

My solution was a safe two step procedure:
i) restore sources from backup
ii) git pull to update the sources

The other solutions had more steps which could go wrong. In fact, I
tried two suggested procedures to recover the sources from the git
repository as suggested by Aitor. However, both of them failed. So,
remembering I did a recent (8th Dec 2015) full system backup, I used
it to restore the sources in an easy, concise and safe way.

As I can understand it, git keeps a chronological (sequential) list of
patches from which sources can be restored to any point in the
sequence. The problem with me, and I dare say with many others, is
remembering many commands and why they are used. Usually, the problem
is not in understanding but in getting the message intended by authors
of help files, as different people have the tendency to express
themselves in different ways. So, there is a subjectivity which is
virtually impossible to bypass. In my case, I posses a memory that
favours long term memory much more than short term memory. This makes
it more difficult to handle situations like the one I had as I cannot
read a manpage, register it in short term memory, and solve my
problem. Learning in my case and in a small percentage of people
having my type of memory, takes longer, but is far more persistent.

Edward