:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Author: John Hughes
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
On 19/12/15 12:54, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On 19/12/15 11:45, John Hughes wrote:
>> On 19/12/15 12:02, Rowland Penny wrote:
>>>
>>> Look, you troll, If you 'apt-get remove systemd' on debian, it will
>>> remove Gnome or Mate, I know I tried. Anything that does this, is
>>> *BAD* in my books.
>>
>> You're doing it wrong.
>>
>> http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_remove_systemd_from_a_Debian_jessie/sid_installation
>>

>> Hint: you need to install systemd-shim.
>
> Firstly, *never* email me directly.

Sorry, pressed wrong button in crappy thunderbird interface.

> Did you miss the bit about my pathological hatred of systemd??

You cannot imagine the depth of the all consuming lack of interest I
have in your mental state, pathological or otherwise.

I'm interested in the tecnological aspects of avoiding systemd. I'm
unhappy that people who don't want to use systemd are forced into
running broken systems, so I would like to see useful work towards
making it possible to easily run alternatives to systemd.