:: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Our friendly community
On Fri, 18 Dec 2015 17:39:26 +0100
John Hughes <john@???> wrote:

> On 18/12/15 17:18, Mitt Green wrote:
> >
> > No, the actual work on packages that remove libsystemd0 dependency.
> > I've done quite of it for my machine. Notable examples include
> > angband repositories apart from Devuan's own. Adam made a big
> > base removing the dependency.
>
> But why? What badness does libsystemd0 do?

I don't know.

Here's what I do know. Before 12/18/2015 (today), not one single email
from "John Hughes" has been posted to dng@???. Today
(12/18/2015), there have been 10 (and counting) "John Hughes" emails,
most of which tended to say "libsystemd0 isn't that bad", and one of
which seemed to say that you need remove systemd dependencies only from
*direct* systemdlib0 dependencies, and not the sub-dependencies, and
that makes no sense to me at all.

When Katolaz says something, I listen. He has a > 8 month pattern and
practice of saying correct, informative, and constructive stuff. Ditto
for GoLinux, Anto, Didier, Hendrik, Jaromil, Joel Roth, Jude, Laurent,
Renaud, Svante, and many, many others.

But when I hear "John Hughes" post several "libsystemd0 isn't that bad"
posts on his very first day, well, Mr. Hughes' credibility descends.
And when his credibility descends, one must consider the possibility
that he's here only to stir up conflict. It's been tried before, and it
works very poorly on this list.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist