:: Re: [DNG] Which email client can I …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Adam Borowski
A: dng
Temas nuevos: Re: [DNG] Backups (Was: Which email client can I use to properly quote emails?)
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Which email client can I use to properly quote emails?
On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 02:16:07PM +0000, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Just make sure that you either keep backups of the local copy, or make
> sure the sync process won't delete stuff from the local copy. Otherwise,
> if the provider (or you, or you mail client) "gets it wrong" and your mail
> disappears from the server, then it'll also disappear from your locally
> synced copy as well.
>
> [...] used social engineering against Apple to
> get access to the account - and then deleted all the photos held online.
> But because photo syncing was on, the journalist found all his photos
> disappearing from his devices as well as the cloud.

In other words, you always need proper (ie, versioned) backups.
Using a "cloud" is no excuse, as those guys are not paid to be competent
(from your point of view), they're paid to generate revenue.

--
A tit a day keeps the vet away.