:: Re: [DNG] Which email client can I …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Which email client can I use to properly quote emails?
On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 20:46:19 +0100
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What email client do you suggest me to use so that I can properly
> quote previous replies? I use gmail's classic webmail interface as my
> computer lags with the newer webmail interfaces. I tried claws-mail
> without success: the gmail server refused to connect. I also do not
> wish to use a paid email service only to enable myself to use an email
> client.
>
> Edward

Any email client that doesn't lock you into *their* way of doing things
will be good for performing the proper trimming and posting style. Any
email client that allows you to edit your outgoing message with Vim is
sufficient. Any Webmail client that makes it reasonable to cut and
paste, and that inserts the right angle brackets properly, is
sufficient.

An email client, webmail site or device is INsufficient if it makes it
so difficult to do the right thing that you're tempted not to.

By the way, an email client that enforced bottom posting would be no
better than one that enforces top-posting, because in 2 person business
discussions, top posting with no trimming is considered the proper way
to do things. Your email client must put *you* in charge. Kind of like
your distro should put *you* in charge :-)

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
     of the Successful Technologist