:: Re: [DNG] Which email client can I …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Florian Zieboll
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Which email client can I use to properly quote emails?
On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 20:46:19 +0100
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:

> I tried claws-mail without success: the gmail server refused to
> connect.

Hi Edward,

Claws-Mail works perfectly fine with gmail, as does any other IMAP capable mail client I know. Just RTFL (yes, the connection log!) to find out that you need to change your google account preferences to allow IMAP connections. Any other problems should be solved quickly following this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=gmail+imap

This may sound a bit rude, but come on, you are writing a rather complex piece of software and give up on your mail client refusing to connect to a server? I am far from calling myself a programmer, but from other project work, I feel qualified to give you a kind advice: If working on netman becomes so important to you, that it hinders you from doing such basic troubleshooting, it might be good to take a step back and have a look at the bigger picture.

All the best for you and netman,

Florian