:: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded v…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 07:53:17AM +0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 13 Dec 2015 Aitor wrote:
> Creating a 'netman.desktop' file in '/etc/xdg/autostart' directory,
> netman will start automatically.
>
> I am thinking about making autostarting and connecting automatically
> to wifi optional during the installation process of netman. This
> means, I need to write a post installation script or if its already
> exists, add a few lines to it, so that users can choose how to set up
> netman.
>
> Pseudo code:
>
> echo "Do you want netman to use a systray icon?"
> get answer (yes1)

Except for users that don't know the terminology 'systray'. I myself
know it refers to something on the xcfe user interface, and possibly on
other window managers as well, and so I'd probably answer 'yes', but
which particular thing on my screen it refers to -- well, I have no
clue. And a real novice would be puzzled. Might even be puzzled what
netman is if it gets included in whole-system installation.

-- hendrik