:: Re: [DNG] top posting, was: Re: D…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] top posting, was: Re: Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
On Fri, 11 Dec 2015, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> I have to throw in my $0.01 here. First, like Edward, I too prefer top
> posting. I have noticed also that top posting seems to be an
> overwhelming convention on blindness-related lists. I have seen
> instances of bottom posters getting flamed on a blindness-related list
> for doing so.

this sounds strange. since its very inception we have struggled to keep
Dyne.org infrastructure and practices as friendly as possible for people
with low or even no vision, since some of our funding members had such
conditions. In my experience bottom posting is fine, as screen readers
should be recognizing and signaling the quote prefix '>' and offer to
skip over it.

Therefore the proper formatting and quoting is crucial and top-quoting
may be seen as a workaround when that cannot be done by screen readers,
I wonder which ones lack such a functionality.

However, my knowledge on the matter is pretty much outdated as our dear
member Otello Urso, who was a blind and avid user of our mailinglists,
sadly passed away years ago. I'm grateful to anyone sharing more
insights on this specific matter.

ciao