:: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded v…
Author: KatolaZ
To: Edward Bartolo
CC: dng, aitor_czr
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 11:06:55PM +0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Hi Aitor et al,
>
> This seems to be a build dependency for the frontend. At least version
> fpc-source 2.6.2 is needed to compile the frontend. Process.inc
> exports RunCommand and this is used by the frontend.
>
> Do you know where I should document this requirement?

Like in a text file called INSTALL in the directory you get when you
"tar -zxf" the tar.gz archive of the sources, or in the top-level
directory of your git repository?

This is where the information for compilation/installation is usually
to be found in any package normally distributed in source form. Then,
usually, you also have another text file called README which
summarises what your package does, which file is what, and where the
user can find any additional relevant information. And finally you
have a text file called COPYING in which you find all the distribution
information (usually, just the license that covers the software).

This is the norm. Or, to be more precise, this has been the unwritten,
shared, accepted norm followed by the overwhelming majority of
software source packages distributed with an open source or a free
software licence, at least in the last 25 years or so...

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]