:: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded v…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debianising my uploaded version of netman.
Hi Edward,

The following procedure is from the point of view of a package mantainer.

Once you cloned the git repository, the branch by default will be the
master branch (in the most of the cases). Don't change this branch.
Checkout the gbp-master branch, instead of the master branch. It
includes the debian folder.

You can get the tarball *.orig.tar.bz2 using the pristine-tar branch:

$ pristine-tar checkout ../netman_0.1.1~468c97d.orig.tar.bz2

This generates the tarball in the parent directory.

Now apply the patch suggested by Rainer. The master branch will not be
changed.

After appling the changes you can commit them:

$ git add .
$ git commit --all

You have to generate the patch for quilt, whenever you change the sources.

$ dpkg-source --commit

Now give a name for the patch, for example, makefile.patch.

Commit the new patch:

$ git add .
$ git commit --all

Now you can use git-buildpackage (don't use dpkg-buildpackage with git,
because git-buildpackage is a grap for dpkg-buildpackage):

$ git-buildpackage -tc --git-export-dir="../build-area"
--git-pristine-tar --git-ignore-branch

Note.- debian/rules doesn't use the Makefile file, and you need to add
'caller.c' to the compiler (my mistake), but you can change it if you want.

Aitor.