:: Re: [DNG] Removing of systemd cause…
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Removing of systemd causes removal of CUPS
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:52:39 +0000
"Antonio Trkdz.tab" <antoniotrkdz@???> wrote:

> I tried -t nosystemd and it didn't work....

Hi Antonio,

if you have added the angband.pl repository to your sources.list and
updated apt's cache (apt-get update), the command

    $ apt-get -t nosystemd install cups

should be correct. I mean, "it didn't work" is not a very helpful
description of the problem – I'd bet, apt has returned a more
detailed error message...

Perhaps you have other dependencies not fulfilled, like you have
libcups2 already installed from the devuan repository? If so, you'll
need to replace it with the angband.pl version as well.

After successfully installing cups, you can

    $ apt-mark hold cups

to force-keep the current version. Continuous upgrading of cups from the
angband.pl repo can be achieved by using apt's pinning mechanism, as
described in apt_preferences(5).

Florian