:: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuil…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nate Bargmann
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuilder
* On 2015 25 Nov 00:07 -0600, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 10:32:31PM +0100, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> > Hi Steve et al,
> >
> > The only problem that comes to my mind about Lazarus and Pascal, is
> > many Linux users would not have a Pascal compiler (fpc)
> > installed on their machines. Consequently, netman will fail to build
> > while other packages coded in C and C++ would build without problems.
> > Users have a tendency to judge such a temporary failure as a bad
> > indication which may dissuade them from using netman.

The way to deal with this is to be clear about the build-depends in an
accompanying README or some such. The other, as has already been
suggested. include a good Makefile or build system that checks for the
presence of the build-depends and then prompts the user for likely
packages to install.

> Isn't the lazarus pascal compiler an available package? You just neef
> to specify it in build-depends. And isn't there actually and apt or
> aptitude command to install all the build-dependencies of a package?
> I don't see this as a problem at all.

Agreed. Leaving Netman alone should not be a problem. The popular
amateur radio application cqrlog is also written with Lazarus and the
package dependencies in Aptitude look rather standard to me. So if at
least one Lazarus package is in Jessie, Devuan should not have problem
with yours.

- Nate