:: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuil…
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Experiencing with GtkBuilder
Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:
> Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:

[...]

>> There are also Pascal into C translators which I am thinking of trying
>> although the translated code would still need inspection before
>> deployment.
>>
>> Edward
>
> Oh HELL no!

[list of good reasons]

> Don't translate the Lazarus created Pascal to C. That would be a
> horrible decision.

I second that. I haven't seen the output of a Pascal -> C translator in
a long time but the very idea is truly "awe inspiring" (in the sense of
"shock & awe"). Some languages (or implementations of languages) use
"compile to C" as an intermediate step towards generating machine code
but code generated by a program is usually neither intended nor
particularly suitable for being maintained by a human afterwards.