:: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to upra…
Author: Simon Hobson
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to uprading to Devuan and configuring minimalism
Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:

> But I also have libsystemd0 file in /etc/apt/preferences.d containing:

> Package: libsystemd0
> Pin: origin ""
> Pin-Priority: -1

Does anyone have any tips for getting more meaningful output from apt when something fails ?
Specifically, not long ago I pinned systemd out like that and tried a dist-upgrade to Debian Jessie to see what would happen. It took some time (and trial and error) to figure out which package was blocking it since apt seems to baulk at something that depends on something that depends on something else that is blocked - making it hard to figure out what that something else actually is.

In my case, turned out to be clamd causing the problem.