:: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to upra…
Author: Antonio Trkdz.tab
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to uprading to Devuan and configuring minimalism
Dear All and dev1fanboy,

this is just to let you know that I followed your guide to upgrade my
debian wheezy install and it went very well!
Thank you for the great instructions.
It was a really messed up old installation and the upgrade sorted it out
brilliantly.

Just as a note, gnome was still there at the end of the upgrade, refusing
to start.
I solved it with: # apt-get purge gnome* , followed by the installation of
XFCE

I am (was) a long time gnome user, so it was not a easy choice, but I
definitely prefer to get accustomed to a new DE / WM rather than getting
accustomed to systemd.
I still have to purge dbus, though.....

I am sure this list is not short of italian translators, but please let me
know if I could help translating the guide for wiki or for other
documentation purposes.

All the best.

Antonio