:: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to upra…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: miro.rovis
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to uprading to Devuan and configuring minimalism
On 151107-12:06+0100, Alexander Bochmann wrote:
> ...on Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 11:10:49AM +0100, miro.rovis@??? wrote:
>
> > it is possible to use a testing kernel on the Devuan Stable Jessie 1.0,
> > to then compile and deploy grsecurity-hardened kernel, much like I was
>
> Didn't actually try that on Devuan yet, but I wouldn't expect
> any problems unless you forget to configure in something essential...
>
> I have Wheezy running on 4.2.x-grsec kernels, and besides the usual
> suspects that need some pax flags (java, iceweasel), everything works.
> Ah yes, /usr/sbin/grub-probe needs to have MPROTECT disabled, too.

Great to know!

I can't tell you how much I'd like to try it, and resume teaching
newbies grsecurity hardening, only in Devuan. But, poor health and other
problems...

Also, I'm really happy to see that you cater for users who want no-dbus
(nor other poetterware). Recommended you the other day over on Gentoo
Forums (like that I haven't already in many occasions spoke about my
hopes in the Devuan projects):

Uninstalling dbus and *kits (to Unfacilitate Remote Seats)
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-992146-start-75.html#7837424
(just search for string Devuan)

Regards!

--