Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treatise of systemd
On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 09:02:53PM +0200, Aldemir Akpinar wrote:
> I rarely boot my servers maybe one or two servers in week or so, and if your
> running a server grade hardware, it takes forever to boot. My laptop, I just
> get it to sleep.

Indeed, production servers here are mostly IBM System X; a 3650 needs
some 2-4 minutes just to do the BIOS check.

The SAS controller takes another couple minutes to load firmware and
self-check.

Whenever +180 days in any ext4 fs, fsck will run on it.

What's the importance of ten seconds boot up in linux?

Regards,

--
Fernando M. Maresca