:: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to upra…
Top Pagina
Auteur: dev1fanboy
Aan: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Quick start guide to uprading to Devuan and configuring minimalism
Of course it's not mandatory to reboot after an upgrade. There is a
reason for instructing a reboot in this case - to avoid any potential
problems with drivers that need to be reinstalled. This way they can
test that their xserver will start as in the next step.

I also used the word reboot again in the original post after slim
installation, and hope it doesn't mislead people to think they need to
reboot to use a display manager.

Exiting XFCE and typing:

root@devuan:~# /etc/init.d/slim start

As root would be a nicer finishing step that I may just add.