著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Systemd-free distros Was Re: Distrowatch
On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 21:57:25 +0300
Mitt Green <mitt_green@???> wrote:

> ‎There are some more I believe. As Fredrik Rinnestam of
> CRUX  said
> "Switch to systemd? over my dead body", we can count this.

Thanks. I didn't know this. I'll check it out.

> I think we should count NetBSD here as the folks there
> try to maintain the philosophy, keeping things simple
> and minimal. I will write to them about it.

If you can actually install a functional NetBSD, you're much more
skilled than I. After about 4 hours playing whack-a-mole with NetBSD
problems precluding a barely functional machine, I gave up.

> There is also Alpine which uses BusyBox.

I didn't know this. Thanks. I'll check it out.

> There is also Puppy/Quirky
> (http://bkhome.org/news/?viewDetailed=00114).

The last time I used Puppy it was a different kind of Linux: Not much
available software: Its claim to fame is it could run in tiny RAM
situations. But you wouldn't run your business on it.

Thanks for the excellent info!

SteveT

Steve Litt
October 2015 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive