:: Re: [DNG] Alpha2 Build Success -- W…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Joel Roth
Aan: dng
Oude Onderwerpen: [DNG] Alpha2 Build Success
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Alpha2 Build Success -- Works for me, too, amd64 on T430
Hi devuan community,

I used the freely available minitool partition wizard
bootable CD to shrink the windows 7 partition. I finished
partitioning with the devuan installer, installed jessie
amd64 using LILO bootloader without incident using the
expert mode. Created some swap space, tho not sure I need
it, as this Lenovo T430 has 16GB of memory.

I installed xfce unintentionally. I see that systemd and
libpam-systemd were installed. Removing them kicks triggers
for dbus, but no other obvious effects.

For me, this was the easiest basic install of a Debian
family OS in recent memory.

The remainder of the install will entail installing a large list
of packages, and porting over the /etc and /home directories
of my previous system.

Looking forward to install vdev, netman and other
devuan-aligned packages as they become available (or maybe
try compiling them.)

Thanks for the excellent work,

--
Joel Roth