:: [DNG] Alpha2 Build Success
Top Pagina
Auteur: Linux O'Beardly
Aan: dng
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: Re: [DNG] Alpha2 Build Success -- Works for me, too, amd64 on T430
Onderwerp: [DNG] Alpha2 Build Success
A friend recently came to me with a request for a fully functional 10"
laptop. She does all her work in the cloud, so the consistency of the OS
and the underlying processing power was not of issue. Having worked with
Debian on a specific hardware platform before, I turned to eBay and
purchased an Asus EEE PC, Model 1005HAB. I threw in a 128GB Toshiba solid
state drive and upgraded the RAM to 2GB; that is the max allowable for this
specific model. I then downloaded the latest
devuan-jessie-netboot-i386-alpha2.iso and prepared a USB drive via
unetbootin on my Linux desktop. The alpha2 installed without issue and runs
smoothly. She's been using it this week in her law classes to take notes
and prepare assignments. She's had no issues and she's been able to flow
between wireless networks without any hiccups; she hasn't experienced a
single issue. Even the power management seems to be reasonable. Obviously,
being that Jessie is still in alpha, we do expect to incur issues at some
point, but for now, neither of us could be happier. While I'm aware that
there is much more work to do, I just wanted to offer my appreciation for
all the hard work, as well as congratulations on a job well done. I'm
looking forward to the future.

Linux O'Beardly
@LinuxOBeardly
http://o.beard.ly