:: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treati…
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng\@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treatise of systemd
Neo Futur <dng@???> writes:
>> I pretty much stopped reading after the following line in the
>> composition:
>>======================================================
>> Fourthly, I will only be dealing with systemd the service manager (of
>> which the init is an intracomponent subset, and also contains several
>> other internal subsystems and characteristics which will prove of
>> paramount importance to the analysis), and to a lesser extent journald.
>>======================================================
> Same here, if systemd was just an init system, i d probably still
> avoid it and fight it, but the main problem is that its much more than
> that, eating everything around it (
> http://neofutur.net/local/cache-vignettes/L200xH133/arton19-b28db.gif
> ), and that is the main problem, for sure.

In case you like a nice piece of irony: Both GNOME and KDE perform like
shit. According to the opinion of both the GNOME and the KDE developers,
the reason for this must be somewhere in all the code they didn't
write. Hence, it has to be replaced. Especially considering that it's
all "But that's not how Microsoft does it!" stuff --- and you can't get
more fishy than that, can you?