:: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treati…
Author: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Detailed technical treatise of systemd
richard white <rwhite8282@???> writes:
> A detailed technical treatise of systemd
> http://blog.darknedgy.net/technology/2015/10/11/0/

A little bit off topic in the given context but something I feel like
mentioning as 'data point' for our friends from "my laptop's my castle"
front: A certain real-world system I happen to know of writes in excess
of 20G of diagnostic logs per day for the sole purpose of enabling
post-mortem analysis of problems insofar problems occur. As they usually
don't, the only required processing for all of this data is "write it to
a file". This alone accounts for 1/10 to 1/6 of the used CPU time on
this box.