:: Re: [DNG] bootstrap-base error Re: …
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] bootstrap-base error Re: About the experimental live DVD

dear Frits,

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015, Godefridus Daalmans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a short update: Now I added the debian-installer component to my
> experimental live DVD, and I can try to do an installation,

WOW! interesting!!

> but it screws up in "installing the base system"
>
> INFO: Menu item 'bootstrap-base' selected
> base-installer: error: exiting on error
> base-installer/debootstrap-failed
> WARNING **: Configuring 'bootstrap-base' failed with error code 1
> WARNING **: Menu item 'bootstrap-base' failed.
>
> on the installation screen, it complained about the checksum of
> debian-installer/Packages.gz and debian-installer/Packages
>
> This seems to be a recurring error over the years with Debian and
> Ubuntu...
>
> I verified the MD5 checksums and they are all OK, so that's not the
> *real* problem.
>
> Any hints??

you are right its the debootstrap the problem.

We have our own Devuan debootstrap, which for a period was used by
sister distro antiX (hello!) and I'm sorry you had to go through a bug
in amprolla, now fixed.
http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=09000

you can substitute our debootstrap everywhere you find the old one

We started applying the patch by Kenshi Muto for the EXCLUDE directive
which was never merged in Debian.
https://git.devuan.org/d-i/debootstrap/commits/master

debootstrap is basically one script file, which I'd like one day to
rewrite in Zsh :^P see
https://git.devuan.org/d-i/debootstrap/raw/master/debootstrap

this is our file to substitute all occurrences of the broken
debootstrap. debootstrap is one of the first things we started
maintaining separate from Debian...

ciao