:: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1…
Author: tilt!
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1, wlan2, ... and eth1, , eth2, .... and new systemd's naming scheme
Am 13.10.2015 um 13:48 schrieb Edward Bartolo:
> Hi,
>
> I am debugging the backend using valgrind to investigate any possible
> memory leaks. This was indicated to me as a debugging necessity by
> jerome.
>
> Edward

I recommend a "coverage test", meaning a series of a tests that will run
through all productive code paths in the backend-executable:

Requirement: Find commandlines for the "backend" that execute every
required operation (connect, scan, disconnect etc) once.

On a sidenote, even with the same operation there are parameters that
lead to different code paths; for example, invalid parameters would
execute an error-handling code path which valid parameters do not
execute. Such cases have to be included in the coverage test as well.

Run backend with each of these commandlines, preceeded by "valgrind".

valgrind then will report to you if there is un-free'ed memory left
after "backend" has terminated; it will also report other errors (such
as possible memory corruption).

Kind regards,
T.