:: [DNG] two miscommunications about r…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Godefridus Daalmans
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: [DNG] two miscommunications about refracta and live-build
First, about fsmithred from refracta: I simply wasn't aware that
somebody had already done this. Sorry fsmithred. I don't keep good track
of the developments.

Is there something like these newfangled "web sites" where I could read
the latest news? And I don't mean git.devuan.org/packages-base because
frankly, I get lost there easily.

Second, I didn't actually use the live-build scripts from Debian as-is.
I tried, but it kept pushing systemd at me.

So I patched the live-build scripts. We need a Devuan version. I
volunteer.

Without the live-build scripts (or, my tweaked version) I wouldn't have
a clue how to set up squashfs, modify initramfs etc., as it automates a
lot of seriously complicated stuff.

Because of other reasons, I decided to make a local copy of large chunks
of http://packages.devuan.org/merged, constructed a
dists/jessie/main/Contents-amd64.gz file (live-build script
chroot_firmware needed this), and then ran my modified live-build
script. So it's currently still not as easy as it could be.

One last comment: it only worked, because you people had done all the
work of de-systemd-ing all those essential packages :-)