Til: dng
Emne: [DNG] live-build experiment worked!
Hej,

I just wanted to mention that I got an experimental Devuan jessie
live-build to work with LXDE and lightdm and iceweasel.

And amprolla seems to have lost the Contents-amd64.gz file so I had to
make one.

The only systemd components are udev and libudev1 (215-17+deb8u2)

There's an annoying PolicyKit1 error at the beginning but otherwise it
works.

Thanks everyone who made this possible!

I had to modify the live-build scripts quite a bit, which I'd like to
upload. I haven't tested if they still work for Debian jessie.

Another tip: after lb config, edit config/apt/preferences to add:
Package: libpam-systemd
Pin: release o=Debian
Pin-Priority: -1

It was a bit tricky to convince lightdm it didn't need systemd.

If you'd like, you can e-mail me suggestions for what to include until 1
DVD (4 Gb) is full, for a generic Devuan workstation.

Version 0 has:
- lxde-core
- lxterminal
- iceweasel
- vim
- xorg
- locales
- util-linux-locales
- lightdm

I'm probably going to put on it:
- build-essential
- linux-source and dkms
- dpkg-dev
- git
- ssh
- lvm2
- mdadm
- parted
- gnu-fdisk
- openssl
- lynx
- debianutils
- debootstrap
- xpdf
- gnuplot (hey I like gnuplot)
- libreoffice-writer
- mondo and mindi, although they're in non-free due to the license of
afio

can you give me more suggestions?

greetings,
Frits