:: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
À: fsmithred
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1, wlan2, ... and eth1, eth2, .... and new systemd's naming scheme
Hi,

I removed the icon and used text instead.

It is important to note that normal users who have only one wifi card
and one ethernet connector do not absolutely need to use that option,
as it doesn't make sense to talk about default devices where there is
no choice other than the one device provided. Such an option will
certainly be only used by users having uncommon systems, implying they
should be able to handle the situation. Providing automatic filling of
device names complicates the GUI unnecessarily. Please keep in mind,
the more automation we include, the heavier the processing burden,
which is something we want to avoid. In fact, I removed some code
which updated the active device name every five seconds. If a user
wants to know which network device is UP, he/she can always click the
Connected/Disconnected button.

In case where there are multiple devices of the same kind, users can
also opt to manually edit a text file under
~/.config/netman/netman.default.devices. The syntax is:
wlanX=wldevice
ethX=ethdevice

Edward