著者: poitr pogo
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Purpose of an OS: was network device naming (was: What can I do after netman?)
29-09-2015 16:48, "Steve Litt" <slitt@???> napisał(a):

> I thought it was stupid for other reasons, but now that you mention it,
> yeah, naming it after the particular slot into which it's plugged in is
> stupid, and if you take the box apart and move things around, you can
> break your OS.

no. it is not stupid. it is the most reasonable way. one can replace a part
and do not have to touch any system config.
but that's too hard to locate a part for common desktop user and we get a
user frienfly system which is bound tight to the detsils of the hardware it
is using and have to reconfigure itself every time new part is added. even
temporary. and finaly another layer of abstraction is invented, dynamic
reconfiguration instead. all to speed up boot process.

device by manufactuter name or model name or serial. this is stupid.

--
piotr