著者: Rainer Weikusat
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Purpose of an OS: was network device naming
Simon Hobson <linux@???> writes:

[...]

> However, I am happy with the way Udev does it. Booting a "new" system
> results in an initially random device ordering, but once it's created
> a rules file the devices stay stable until "something changes". When
> changing hardware, or shifting the image to new hardware, new devices
> get created and the admin needs to "fix" it - but TBH it's not hard to
> do.

In order to avoid this on a system using the previous/ traditional/
legacy udev scheme for wreaking havoc on a statically configured system
(on Debian), a file named

/etc/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules

can be created (may be empty).