:: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1…
Author: Clarke Sideroad
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1, wlan2, ... and eth1, eth2, .... and new systemd's naming scheme
On 10/02/2015 03:10 AM, tilt! wrote:
> Am 02.10.2015 um 09:07 schrieb tilt!:
>> wicd's button for doing that is labeled "Update" (update what?) and it
>> if the wicd application windows is opened at default size.
>

> Sorry, unfinished sentence there:
>
> ... and it if the wicd application windows is opened at default size,
> that button is hidden.

On the WICD installation I have ( ver. 1.7.2.4) the button is labelled
"Refresh" and it is visible in the default window.
The only to me annoying button hidden by the default window is Preferences.

I have to agree on the modern Windows WiFi it is a potentially dangerous
mess with the defaults and in an attempt so as to appear to work by
"magic" some pretty basic configuration stuff is hidden.

Clarke

P.S. Thumbs up to Edward with netman and his response to community
input, it looks like a viable replacement for WICD and hopefully in time
with some optional features can replace the the bundle that is still
referred to in some circles as Network Mangler.