:: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: fsmithred
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] netman: support for wlan1, wlan2, ... and eth1, eth2, .... and new systemd's naming scheme
Tilt wrote: " Does the button "New" take the user to a scan for
available WiFi networks?"

The button New displays a dialog box which has that functionality, but
on demand by clicking a button. This avoid users having to wait for
scanning for wifi signals when they know to which wifi source they
want to connect.

Tilt wrote: " I see there is a button "Delete" - does it enable the
user to delete the file /etc/network/interfaces?"

No, till now, /etc/network/interfaces is prevented from being deleted
and I don't plan to enable such a deletion as that would effectively
break netman. However, if support for other wired connections is
implemented, it would mean eth1, eth2, eth3, ..., ethN would have
their interfaces files deletable.

fsmithred wrote: " It won't disconnect my static connection, but if I
disconnect manually, then netman will connect and disconnect
correctly."

That is a feature that I will probably remove when netman is capable
of ethX and WlanX, X in {1, 2, 3, ...}

Edward