:: Re: [DNG] What can I do after netma…
Author: fsmithred
To: Edward Bartolo, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What can I do after netman?
I'm talking about the LAN address. A lot of times, one of the first things
I do after booting into a new system is use sftp to move files.

Also, with wicd, I've gotten used to seeing the local address, and I feel
like it's a more reliable indicator that I'm online than just the word,
Connected. But that's probably because I recall using
gnome-network-manager, and it always lied to me, telling me I was
connected when I wasn't, and vice versa.

Thanks.

BTW, the zipfile you uploaded a couple of hours ago compiles and runs. I
forgot to look for the panel icon to change between connected and
disconnected states.

fsr