:: Re: [DNG] Fail to install devuan-je…
Author: Antonio Trkdz.tab
To: Didier Kryn
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fail to install devuan-jessie-netboot-amd64-alpha2 on metal
Hi,

I'll just append to this conversation as I installed the netboot
successfully on my desktop pc, but I had a minor "issue".

The installer went straight without asking unnecessary questions up to the
point it gave me the choice of where to install the system.
At that point choosing manual partitioning led me to a red screen whining
about no location defined for the root filesystem.
No way to go back to the previous menu nor to go past the step (obviously).

Upon reboot I chose use the largest contigue space option and everithing
went fine: now I have Devuan up and running on my machine!

It would be nice to have this step working, though, it just happened to me
on this occasion to have an extra unallocated space on my ssd
I don't know if it is an issue of my particular installation or if you are
aware of this "bug"

Anyway I want to say thank you for the amazing work you are doing to give
Devuan to the people!
I would like to contribute in some way, but I am not a skilled programmer.
Maybe reporting this issue could be a small small contribution.

Keep on the good work!
Thank you once more.

Antonio