:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jeremy Corbyn wins L…
Author: Jonathan Valiente
To: System undo crew
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Jeremy Corbyn wins Labour campaign, obliterates other candidates

> I'm curious about what you call "optimal universal", but I don't intend
> to bother you with insisting questions. Just a curiosity, since that
> "optimal" somehow resonates like pragmatical to me.

Well since you solicited my perspective, I feel obliged. Mind you I don't
force my framework of understanding on others if it is unwelcomed. As you
correctly deduce, the optimal I am suggesting comes from the metaphysical,
but before you pigeonhole me, hear me out. :)

I will make the claim that ALL religions on this earth are incorrect or in
other words, don't have a fullness of the Truth, *except one*.

I know I know, such a concept is cliche and implausible, but nonetheless
that is *the claim to be proved or disproved.*

The religion I speak of is: *The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day
Saints*.
Which has peculiar origins and organization, with evidence to support my
claim.

Because I don't really know our common ground I will start from an axiom.

I believe this Universe (and Earth) has a Creator. A Creator deeply
interested in its creations (you and I). Not necessarily interested in
providing us with the vocabulary and intellectual rigor of explaining the
laws of the universe -- such a thing is trivially done in the spiritual
dimension, but rather, the vastly more important concepts of morality
pivotal to successful (eternal) civilizations.

I will make the claim that we are here on this earth to be tested. To see
how we act morally when given the freedom of choice, to choose between
justice or injustice -- without the absolute certainty of 'God staring us
in the face'.

The culture and scientific understanding will be in constant flux, but the
moral optimals, that exist outside of time and space, are eternal. *These
moral optimals have been defined by Jesus Christ*.

If these things are true, then our loving Father in Heaven (the Creator)
would not send us here without appropriate mechanisms
to guide us out of our fallen state. A non-exhaustive list includes a
channel for communication (sincere prayer), a prophet (An up-to-date leader
that guides the organization as a whole), and unadulterated religious texts
(lays the unequivocal foundations).

Our religious texts:
    1. The Bible (we believe it testifies of Jesus Christ -- but it was
adulterated by men in its translation. The more important parts were
re-translated with inspiration from a prophet)
    https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bible?lang=eng

    2. The Book of Mormon (The Book of Mormon is a history from another
Tribe of Israel (not the Jews) of ancient times. It is a second witness of
Jesus Christ and demonstrates that God is involved with civilizations all
over the world)
    https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm?lang=eng

    3. Doctrine and Covenants -- Writings from God directed towards our
dispensation. The last dispensation before the Second Coming of Jesus
Christ.
    https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament?lang=eng

I don't expect you to take my word for it, but rather, *to test* what has
been said using the scientific method. To perform an experiment of
understanding and live according to the results. The results are only given
to the individual, and not to the world.

>right. everything flows. so then the only universal left is...
>metaphisical - and unless one is into religion, there isn't much left
>but mathematics. even laws change, ethics and common beliefs. For
>instance a 100 years ago it would have been *unthinkable* to have
>official marriage among people of the same gender. To the contrary! such
>people were persecuted (injustice...)

This brings up an significant point. It has been revealed to our
organization that gender is an eternal attribute and that
families are eternal organizations. If true, this has poignant
ramifications. While we believe in the teachings of Christ, such as not
being a bigot (love one another) and equality (equal rights via civil
unions, housing, employment, etc), we strongly disagree with redefining
marriage and 'normalizing' the behavior. (secularly) We consider the family
to be a foundational unit of organization of civilizations and a central
carrier of values. The redefinition of marriage has immense ramifications
that our current civilization may not be fully aware of.

> sure :^) what is a friend if not someone you can debate and disagree
> with and still be interested in talking with and perhaps end up drinking
> a glass of whiskey, even in common disagreement?

A great friend indeed. I appreciate when I am proved wrong. It only makes
me a better person.