:: Re: [DNG] libpam-xdg-support / libp…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] libpam-xdg-support / libpam-systemd
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015, tilt! wrote:

> FYI, i am working on an implementation of XDG_RUNTIME_DIR at [1]
> that can be configured to whatever a site-maintainer finds suitable.

cheers! good effort

> The default rundir prefix i am using is "/run/xdg-runtime"

but then again, considering Roger's advice, why not having
/tmp/xdg-runtime as default?

> and allowing site-maintainers to change the prefix as well as the
> naming scheme (which by default is "$prefix/$UID") are key features of
> my implementation.

sounds good

> If rundirs are on non-volatile storage, my implementation can delete
> them at system shutdown (assuming an orderly shutdown is performed).

if you use the /tmp prefix as default then you don't even need to handle
such a deletion in the default case: it all falls back into the handling
of /tmp, simplifying much the site configuration for those not willing
to go into details, plus we avoiding unlinks in /var/run

So well, I also advice for having it in /tmp/xdg-runtime

ciao