著者: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] upgrade wheezy to devuan jessie instead of ceres
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:36:45PM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 03:10:30PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > I'm wondering whether things are ready to upgrade my server to devuan
> > jessie. I'll take the usual precautions to be able to back out if it
> > doesn't work, (i.e. doing the upgrade on a copy of the working
> > system) but ... would it be worth the effort at present, or would I just
> > be wasting my time?
> >
> > And wasting everyone else's time, reporting on problems you all know
> > about already?
> >

> Hi Hendrik,
>
> I have been using Devuan on my production laptop in the last few
> months, without any problem. Indeed, nothing major has changed between
> my old Debian Jessie with systemd pinned to -1 and the current Devuan
> Jessie. Just a few packages were upgraded, smoothly.
>
> I admit my installation is not what most people would call a "standard
> desktop" though (basically, Window Maker + emacs + standard ncurses
> clients + iceape and little more), and I am not using any network
> daemon, except for ssh and cups, but everything works pretty well.
>
> libsystemd0 is still there, due to the (practically useless) rdepend
> of cups-daemon, which I cannot unistall, but apparently that nuisance
> shall be removed in the forthcoming Devuan beta.
>
> Come on Hendrik, it's time to jump in the hole ;)

I'm already using the alpha 2 versin of Devuan Jessie on my laptop,
done by a straightforward and mostly uneventful install.

The server is another matter. I'm going to be upgrading it from
straight from Debian wheezy to Devuan Jessie. Upgrades are often
eventful.

Im guessing that it's time to try the upgrade, and report back here.
I'll get onto it when I have the time, and report back here, unless I
hear advice to the contrary.

I've been waiting for this day for a log time.

-- hendrik