著者: KatolaZ
To: Hendrik Boom
CC: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] upgrade wheezy to devuan jessie instead of ceres
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 03:10:30PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

[cut]

> I'm wondering whether things are ready to upgrade my server to devuan
> jessie. I'll take the usual precautions to be able to back out if it
> doesn't work, (i.e. doing the upgrade on a copy of the working
> system) but ... would it be worth the effort at present, or would I just
> be wasting my time?
>
> And wasting everyone else's time, reporting on problems you all know
> about already?

Hi Hendrik,

I have been using Devuan on my production laptop in the last few
months, without any problem. Indeed, nothing major has changed between
my old Debian Jessie with systemd pinned to -1 and the current Devuan
Jessie. Just a few packages were upgraded, smoothly.

I admit my installation is not what most people would call a "standard
desktop" though (basically, Window Maker + emacs + standard ncurses
clients + iceape and little more), and I am not using any network
daemon, except for ssh and cups, but everything works pretty well.

libsystemd0 is still there, due to the (practically useless) rdepend
of cups-daemon, which I cannot unistall, but apparently that nuisance
shall be removed in the forthcoming Devuan beta.

Come on Hendrik, it's time to jump in the hole ;)

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]