:: Re: [DNG] [DN Offlist G] netman GIT…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: aitor_czr, dng, tilt!
Subject: Re: [DNG] [DN Offlist G] netman GIT project
To all those trying to install netman,

Please note that now the directories for installation have changed to
comply with the usual placement of executables. /usr/bin is required
to contain only executables, creating a directory in it may disrupt
the behaviour of unrelated programs.

The new place for netman, the frontend is:
/usr/bin

And the place for backend is, the workhorse is:
/usr/lib/netman/bin

It is very important for the backend executable to have an SUID
belonging to root. This what ls -l /usr/lib/netman/bin displays:
-rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 38112 Sep 13 14:02 backend

To allow netman to automatically connect on startup use --auto-conn
parameter for the frontend.

Create this directory to hold the essid files:
/etc/network/wifi

Modify /etc/network/interfaces to contain:
iface wlan0 inet dhcp

To avoid the OS from trying to automatically connect on boot do NOT
use the phrase:
auto wlan0

In your window manager of desktop make sure netman is automatically
started on startup. This step is not necessary: netman can be started
on request and can be terminated without affecting the status of the
active connection.

Hopefully, this set everyone interested in using this project going.

Edward