:: Re: [DNG] Doing away with multi-thr…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] How to get Suckless-init source. Was: Doing away with multi-threading in my project (netman)
Subject: Re: [DNG] Doing away with multi-threading in my project (netman)
On Thu, 3 Sep 2015 07:38:13 +0100
Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???> wrote:

I'd figure out how to stop those zombies from happening in the first
place. It's pretty hard to create a zombie: I think you have to
doublefork and then terminate. In that case, if you're using a good
init system, I believe you can send PID1 a SIGCHLD, and PID1 will reap
zombies. I know that's how suckless-init works. I suggest you download
Suckless-Init and look at its source: It's only 83 non-blank lines.

But again, I think the question "how do I reap zombies" is a little
like "how do I sweep up broken glass", when you're dropping and
breaking 3 glasses every day. The better question is "why am I dropping
these glasses?"

SteveT