:: Re: [DNG] Doing away with multi-thr…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
Aan: Rainer Weikusat
CC: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Doing away with multi-threading in my project (netman)
Quote: "This means the GUI/ frontend
either needs to handle SIGCHLD in order to get notified when a child
process terminates so that a suitable wait call (which doubtlessly exists in the
Free Pascal libraries) can be used to get rid of the zombie without
having to wait for it or (the by far most simple solution), it (the GUI)
needs to set the disposition of SIGCHLD to SIG_IGN because then, zombies
won't even be created."

Aha, that gave me an idea, thanks for that. I can use the signal of
the arrival of a new zombie as the time at which to re-enable grayed
out buttons.

The benefit of all this: very little changes to code and no
multi-threading complications.

Thanks. :D