:: [DNG] Doing away with multi-threadi…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
Aan: dng, tilt!
Onderwerp: [DNG] Doing away with multi-threading in my project (netman)
Hi all,

I think, I found an alternative to multithreading in netman. This is
using interprocess communication, although what I have in mind may not
be proper interprocess communication.

The idea is this: the backend would be converted into some sort of a
daemon exporting one function and importing another one. The frontend
would use the exported function from the backend to send it commands.
The backend would do the same thing with the exported function from
the frontend:

Visually, this is as follows:

Frontend -------------->> Backend
Frontend <<-------------- Backend

In my humble opinion, this may help getting rid of having to use
multithreading to avoid temporary frontend deadlocks. It also solves
the issue with zombies being created, and would permit me create a
responsive application but using the KISS principle.

Edward