:: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” c…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] The show goes on: “su” command replacement merged into systemd on Fedora Rawhide
On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 18:05:47 -0500
Nate Bargmann <n0nb@???> wrote:

> * On 2015 29 Aug 16:14 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> > Yeah, that isn't a problem, and shouldn't be a problem.
> > Interestingly, in my LUG, the most pro-systemd guys are the
> > mega-metal admins administering hundreds of boxes with hundreds of
> > Docker containers. These guys are telling me systemd is necessary
> > to efficiently manage the Dockers.
>
> Okay, then the big official unanswered question is why don't RH,
> et. al. just target that use case and leave the rest of us alone? Why
> does the rest of the ecosystem need this big sucking sound?

:-)

You know why, Nate. You were on Debian-User in the bad old days. Back
in the day, how many times did I get called a conspiracy theorist for
answering that question.

Three words:

1. Follow
2. the
3. money.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust