:: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
Since, netman does not touch /etc/network/interfaces, the system
should still be able to connect using a wired connection to ethX.
Obviously, the interface has to be activated using ifup ethX.
Therefore, to use a wired connection, the backend should use
/etc/network/interfaces as an interfaces file are simply call "ifup
ethX". I think, there is no need to recreate another interfaces file
which is already there waiting to be used.

The contents of interfaces files created by backend are as follows,
but if necessary, we can create more than more template, although it
doesn't look it will be necessary.

Interfaces File Contents:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid EB-TP-LNK67

The above connects to my WIFI. It is simple and always worked for
several years now.