著者: Irrwahn
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project
On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:02:55 +0200, Tilt! wrote:

> Am 25. August 2015 16:52:41 MESZ, schrieb Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???>:
>> We can easily avoid having to encode ESSIDs by creating a file
>> containing a texual lookup table as the following, but since the
>> project is already functional, it looks like rebuilding a house that
>> is already habitable.
>>
>> essid1    "my little wifi at home"
>> essid2    "oops, wifi at my partner's!"
>> essid3    "wifi at work, without my boss' knowing"
>> essid4    "wifi at library"

>> Ok, you get it. No need of encoding anything and the user can describe
>> his wifi with whatever he deems justified.
>>
>> Edward
>
> IMHO:
>
> If we use a mapfile, we have the encoding problem *there* instead of the wifi directory filenames ... It will only move the problem, not solve it :D
>
> i wonder if we ever get to see such SSIDs from iwlist anyway - how is it supposed to print SSIDs that contain the zerobyte ...

If we can drop the requirement to cope with '\0's, as the frontend
uses iwlist and grep(!) to acquire the SSID, this would leave us with
just the '/' to encode. The most "evil" thing we'd had to expect

Thinking about it, one can even do away with all the allocation stuff
and just use a single fixed size buffer of 32 * 3 + 1 bytes to hold
the filesystem friendly encoded version, since there are no thread
safety contraints imposed on the backend.

--
Irrwahn