著者: tilt!
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] netman GIT project

Am 25. August 2015 16:52:41 MESZ, schrieb Edward Bartolo <edbarx@???>:
>We can easily avoid having to encode ESSIDs by creating a file
>containing a texual lookup table as the following, but since the
>project is already functional, it looks like rebuilding a house that
>is already habitable.
>
>essid1    "my little wifi at home"
>essid2    "oops, wifi at my partner's!"
>essid3    "wifi at work, without my boss' knowing"
>essid4    "wifi at library"

>Ok, you get it. No need of encoding anything and the user can describe
>his wifi with whatever he deems justified.
>
>Edward

IMHO:

If we use a mapfile, we have the encoding problem *there* instead of the wifi directory filenames ... It will only move the problem, not solve it :D

i wonder if we ever get to see such SSIDs from iwlist anyway - how is it supposed to print SSIDs that contain the zerobyte ...

Kind regards,
T.

--
Mobile madness!